|If you firmly decided to apply for a firearm licence, including the selection of appropriate
type/group, make sure you keep all necessary forms and follow up following procedure:
How much it costs:
- begin the application process you must fill out the form called: Přihláška ke zkoušce
z odborné způsobilosti (Application form for the Competency Certification Test). Please
use upper case and print legibly. Completed applications must be brought in person during business
hours to the appropiate police department in the county where you reside,
- by law, the Competency Certification Test must be set up within 30 days from the date of
registration of your application. You must be announced no later than 10 days before the date
- in case you passed the test successfully, the examination officer will provide you with
certificate called Doklad o osvědčení odborné způsobilosti žadatele o vydání ZP
- visit a general practitioner (family doctor) you are registered with. If the result of medical
examination is „capable to hold and carrry the weapon“, your doctor will issue for you the certificate
called Protokol o zdravotní způsobilosti (Certificate of Medical Capability)
- then fill out the form called Žádost o vydání zbrojního průkazu (Firearm Licence Application Form)
and bring it to appropriate police department together with Competency Test Certificate (no older than
1 year), Certificate of Medical Capability (no older than 3 months) and 2 photos (35x45mm). The police
have 30 days to issue your licence, by law
As per above you can see that total cost for getting of the firearm licence is around CZK 3,000.
On the top of this you may also spend around CZK 1,000 per each licence type/group for optional training course.
This amount also does not cover the charges for eventual psychological examination.
- examination officer fee CZK 300, by law - this amount is due to be paid before the test is opened
- certification test charge approximately CZK 1,200 - time spent at the range, hire of the gun or guns, ammunition etc.
- medical examination fee around CZK 500. This amount may vary. For ixample, if your
doctor will decide you have to pass also psychological examination the fee may simply exceed CZK 1,000
- administration fee CZK 500 per each licence type/group
Note: taken from ULL and translated.